Monday, August 3, 2009

Camping at Lake Sherando

Earlier this week we went camping for 3 days with the Mosters. We had a fantastic time. We went to Lake Sherando and they brought a canoe and kayak so we had so much fun. Kirsten and I became Queens of this amazing flower nations that we discovered! Haha it was sweet. And there was an island that you could swim out to, the boys loved that.
The next day we went rock climbing, because Bro. Moster had so much supply and they agreed to bilet for a group of about 15 High Adventure boy scouts from their stake. So our family went and hung out with them for the day. The scouts were all really nice, and it was fun to watch them climb, and Kent, Nathan, Mom and I also climbed. I love it, it’s pretty sweet, even though if you asked me during that process I would say nothing of that sort! The scouts had huge tubs of lunches so the leaders let us have some, and after that everyone from our two families went back except Bro. Moster, Kirsten and I, who stayed with some more of the scouts, who kept climbing.
After that we were so disgustingly dirty, sweaty and stinky, that when we got back to the campout we went straight to the lake to swim! All the scouts were already at the little island, but Kirsten and I weren’t exactly complaining =D Kirsten and I took both of their scout leaders on a ride in the canoe to see our conquered flower-seaweed nations. It was hard with only us rowing, and the canoe was about only 3 inches out of the water, but it was hilarious!
Then we hadn’t exactly planned to stay a second night, so we had to beg some M.R.E’s off of the Moster’s. They were surprisingly good, except when I spilled them on my shirt!
Anyways, we had a wonderful time camping with the Moster’s.
The next day my mom took my brothers and Noah Moster home to our grandparent’s, while Kent and I stayed with the Moster’s to go hike to humpack rock. It was beautiful! I felt like I was on th edge of the world.
OK, so something went wrong with uploading these pictures, because they're in the backwards order, but whatever =D
Here's me (above) and Kent (below) climbing around the Humpback Rocks in the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Below is Bro. Moster, Sis. Moster and me hiking up to the rocks. Here's the pretty sweet "I Climb" shirts that the bilayers got. (that's a real hard word to spell :-o)
Here's some random scout climbing, pretty scary, right?

Here's all me bros cooking something or other at the campfire!
At the campfire again.....


So long, farewell, adieu!!!

No comments: