Sunday, August 30, 2009

BLACKBERRY OBSESSION!

So this weekend on the drive back from the coast we were going on very scenic routes (don't worry we were NOT LOST!) and we were driving on this cute lil' country road and there were like THOUSANDS of blackberry plants, and so of course we all stopped! Looked around the car for cups or water bottles to fill, but instead we just FILLED our cooler. There were SO MANY!
I bet the couple people who drove by the road were like rolling their eyes thinking "we see those EVERYWHERE!" which.. is true. But in Morocco they didn't have any sorts of berries, so after almost 4 years of being deprived we are totally obsessed!
After a little while when the blood from getting pricked ran into the juice on our hands that we just couldn't tell it apart, my dad got REAL serious! He picked the stick from the road sign up and started using that to hack back the plants and get to the jackpots!
Here's the road.. it was COVERED! Even Ryan was a dedicated picker, which is good cause since he doesn't like them it's just more for us! I wish I took a picture of the pie we made last night for dinner and the blackberry cobbler we had for breakfast, but we just dug in so fast we forgot!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like you guys have a fun place to live. I hope you don't get sick of all those blackberries because I expect one of those cobblers if we visit!

Kathryn M. said...

YUM! You'll have to get your mom to make blackberry jam and try it with bagels and cream cheese.

janhad3 said...

Growing up in Washington state, I did my fair share of blackberry picking, too :) They just grew wild every where you looked! My mom would tell me to go pick some for something she was making, and I'd end up eating most of them until I had a stomach ache. Enjoy!