Thursday, February 14, 2013

February Happenings

Just a few of our recent happenings: 

 Sunday afternoon

 Monday FHE Activity


Ryan is in there somewhere :)
Not sure how we determine who won the snowball fight, but Ryan and Nate were more covered in snow than Dan and I.

 The Einstein Museum where we wait for the morning tram to school, after our recent 15 cm snowfall.  I've figured out why the snow is so much more magical here--I don't have to drive in it.  I can enjoy the wonder of it without worrying about the slick roads.  (I realized this after driving home Monday night in the snow in a bad mood but awaking with new wonder when I just took the tram :)

 The Aare River--won't be jumping today.

This is how he usually sleds!


Nathan's morning fitness: 
  I help with the set up once/week.  They do a different activity each day for the week.  
 The day I help they rotate between 5 stations: hula hoop, incline board stomp to catch a bean bag, balloon up dribble with baton, ball dribble in hula hoop and hoppity horses around cones.  The secondary students look down on the gym with jealous eyes.  We should all start the day like this!

And then of course, my favorite chimneys:
I love the icicles in this one not far from our house.
 After our snow in downtown Bern

And this is Ryan's fish (red one) that he painted with his class (last year) when they all painted the underwater world in a pedestrian underpass near the school train station.
 I just happened to be walking by with my camera on Tuesday.

No comments: