Sunday, September 4, 2011

Primary Activity

The kids had a stake Primary Activity in the woods behind the temple.  The plan was for Dan and I to do a session while the kids attended their activity.  But since it was all in German and the kids didn't immediately recognize any one from our ward, I stayed with them to tromp in the woods in my skirt and flats.
 We played lots of games, including parachute games and then painting which is when the kids finally let go of my hands.  I enjoyed practicing my new German words when all the kids introduced themselves, shared their favorite food and activity.  I hardly needed a translator (maybe I just need to be a Primary kid).
 The fire, of course, was another big draw for the boys, even some of the girls, but my boys especially.
 The kids ate lunch early and decorated cupcakes.
Dan enjoyed the inside of the temple while we enjoyed the outlying areas.

No comments: