Sunday, September 27, 2015

Mount Timpanogos

My dad came into town this week with perfect timing--my aunts and I had already scheduled an outing!  We met at Aunt Karen's Institute class, walked temple square and then ate lunch to celebrate Aunt Sharon's birthday.



Ryan had an invitational run in Boise, Idaho on Saturday.  The team left Friday, ran Saturday and returned about 1:30 Sunday morning.  He only had to stop twice to tie his shoe--not his best race but he had fun.

Kent and I stayed the night in Provo with Erin and Derek.  We stopped by Ashley's where we picked up a few props
then hung out with Erin and Derek until Erik returned home.

We (Derek, Erin, Kent and I) started early Saturday hiking up Mount Timpanogos.  We learned that the trail is not very well marked and recommend a guide for the next hikers.  We learned our first 20 minutes was on a wrong trail but not until the 2 groups of flashlights ahead turned back on us.  Our second attempt was more profitable after which we just stayed a bit further behind the other hikers so that when they had to turn back down a trail we didn't make the same mistakes.
 



Looking ahead

Looking back
but still not even half way!

On top of Mount Timp!


 The trail heading back down.


Trekking through the boulder field on our way back.


So refreshing, if only we could drink it.  Half a mile more to potable water!!

 Such a lovely trek!!!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Hi sister Brady!! I don't know if you'll remember me or not, but it's Rebecca Price, now Nicholes. :) I've seen your blog a few times because my parents let me know you were in Morocco when we were living in Congo! Anyway, I saw that you guys are in Utah now and my parents are on a mission there too!!! They are at the Family History Library, so if you are ever nearby go ask for Elder and Sister Price. They would be thrilled to see you and Bro. Brady. :) By the way, I can't believe how grown up your kids are! I remember your oldest was a baby when you were in Young Women's!