We played our annual Thanksgiving Ultimate before eating our delectable dinner.
The week after Thanksgiving I went to DC to join Erin for the American Anthropology Conference. Dr. Farmer, who was the keynote speaker, inspired Erin to begin her anthropology studies when we were in Morocco from a book written about him ("Mountains Beyond Mountains"). Erin, Juanita and I were able to attend his address and we were not disappointed!
Bob and Juanita joined us for the first 3 days. We toured the new Bible Museum in DC our first day together.
Erin and I in Galilee.
Overlooking the Sea of Galilee
The next day while Erin attended her conference classes we attended the temple and visited Sister Reynolds (Ashley's sister) who is serving in the DC temple visitors' center.
The next day Bob, Juanita and I toured the National Cathedral. We enjoyed a lovely display of creches at the temple and again at the cathedral. This one is from France.
After Bob and Juanita left, I attended a few classes with Erin, surveyed the many poster presentations by students and faculty and enjoyed my own touring. The National Zoo was close so I cozied up with a few of the animals. Beibei was my favorite!
We enjoyed a wonderful dinner with our friends the Berminghams and Clottes whom we met in Morocco. Paul prepared a wonderful tagine!
and an amazing dessert!!
Paul is now retired and Françoise is working full time. She loves that he is the house husband and she always comes home to such wonderful meals! We also met up with other friends from Morocco and Switzerland. I'm hoping Erin continues to attend such wonderful conferences!!


No comments:
Post a Comment