On our second day in Carcassonne Nate said the only thing better would be to go to the beach. He was in luck, we'd be there for dinner. They were all rather excited to bury their toes in the sand.
Port la Nouvelle
Happy!
Happy to run!
and run!
The next day at La Franqui, they were even happier to dig.
and dig...
and build...
dig deeper...
and build higher!
And then enjoy their creations!
We headed a bit further south to Leucate for lunch, Supirons anyone?
It was on the fish menu and I asked if it was a white fish. But as soon as I said white he said yes, that's it. I had no idea they were cuttlefish (squid family), nor did I know they have the largest brain-to-body size of all invertebrates (now that's brain food). Ryan had a couple, the only one of the boys brave enough to try them, but I wasn't too happy to share, they were yummy.
Then of course, the boys had to dig in more sand. They buried themselves this time in order to avoid applying more sunscreen.
Then some frisbee to get all that sand off.
| Kent |
| Ryan |
| Nate |
A quick swim in the pool.
By the enormously large palm tree base at our apartment.
Our last morning sunrise at Port la Nouvelle,
we dragged the kids out of bed to view the glories of God.
Kent, Lori, Ryan (Nate in front :)
Nate's salute to the new day.
We didn't make it into the Pyrenees but enjoyed their majestic views from the beach.
Goodbye Med!
We'll see you again in a few months, with the entire family :)







1 comment:
I have not looked at your blog forever. The trip in April looks amazing, as does everything else. Can't wait to see your family.
Post a Comment