Dan and I made an afternoon trip to Basel for a quick peek and then a Scout meeting for Dan in the evening.
The Münster in Basel
Across from the Münster. Notice no chimneys. I had a hard time finding chimneys in Basel--strange.
We toured the Art Museum which had a visting exhibit of Picasso. I decided I enjoy his earlier work better than his later and his early Cubism is very fun.
Then we made a quick tour of the Cultural Museum. This is the view from the front door.
Then we ferried across the Rhine in the rain.
The captain's sweater was so colorful--a nice change to our drab rainy weather :)
A view of the Münster from the other side of the Rhine River.
And then a very colorful Rathaus (City Council).
We enjoyed a lovely dinner of fresh bread, smoked salmon, fresh fruit and yogurt on a bench under the middle arch.
We had our own personal celloist playing throughout our dinner :)
The Rathaus Tower from the atrium where we were eating.
Nice man watching over our dinner.
This fountain was overwhelmed by all the rain or something, for it spewed forth nothing, but coins are to be found in its depths.
And finally, some chimneys to represent Basel. They were hard to find and not as cute as Berns :)






No comments:
Post a Comment