Saturday, March 16, 2013

Ski Races and Basketball

We woke up to probably our last snow for the year (hopeful thinking or sad realization).  The night before it seemed that we were in a snow globe with large snowflakes floating up, down and all around.

The kids had a slalom ski race on their last ski day.  I hiked up the hill with several parents for a better vantage point to view the races.  I deliberately chose a spot by a large pillar used for the gondola, figuring that the other skiers would avoid us there.  I was chatting with some other parents while we waited for the races to start when I stepped backward to say something to a specific parent.  This was the next view--didn't even know I took this pic.  
 I had fallen on my back into a 4 foot deep hole.  As I was climbing out of the hole I heard, "Hi, Mom."  Kent was flying down the slalom course and I had no chance to get a picture.   We were all watching carefully for our kids and this is what I got:
 I was really focused on what Nate was wearing--blue coat, black helmet, black snow pants; then Ryan flew by.  I snapped a shot but the batteries were dead.  I quickly changed them (had even thought to bring spares).  Now I'm only looking for Nate and I watched him carefully, focused for the pic...and the batteries were dead!!!  Missed all three of the kids, but I got snow!

Kent had a game with his local team this morning,  



 Kent scored over 20 points and the team won 79 to 44 over a team from Bulle (french speaking part of Switzerland).  Last Saturday's games were fun but everything was in English.  I realized his local team is much more fun to hear french, german and english :)
Nate during half time--too much fun!

No comments: