We picked up our tree on the way home from Kent's basketball game. I didn't even know there was a tree farm right by his middle school. We saw the sign, drove in, picked the first tree we saw that they had cut that morning, they tied it to the car and we were off! Saved two hours from my original plan of driving out to another tree farm:)

Just over 10 feet tall and even Erik feels vertically challenged! After the decorating we went to a local care center for a piano recital. I switch teach with a neighbor (we each teach two) and I teach one other student.
Ryan played "March of the Tin Soldiers" and "Greensleeves." The woman you see in the foreground just celebrated her 100th birthday. She is German and left Germany in 1950 with her family to escape the ravages of war.
Nate's first recital--he played "Fireflies" and "Jingle Bells."
Erin played "Colors of the Wind" and then she and I finished with a duet of "Sleigh Ride."
Pictured are the participants except Erik who played a beautiful violin Concerto and Mark (Lily's brother) who played a lovely piano piece. Kent played a fabulous rendition of "Alleluia Chorus" on the piano. He would have loved to play his trumpet but not sure some of our elderly ears could have handled it:)
Back Row: Connor, Lily, Kent, Erin
Front Row: Nate, Tenlee, Ryan
No comments:
Post a Comment