Sunday, April 19, 2009

Our Spring Break Trip




This spring we are SO Totally lucky to have Grandma and Grandpa Cragun with us, and for spring break we took them to Marrakech and Essaouira. It was a whole lot of fun, and we really enjoyed ourselves. Grandpa is my new shopping buddy! He let me buy these Amazingly BRIGHT pants without mom knowing (she loves them though! she won't admit it to me, but just ask her.) and in exchange, I bargained in french for his yellow pointed shoes, and djelaba and moroccan pants! In Marrakech, we took a horse-carriage ride and visited two different palaces, Palace El Bahia and Palace El Badi. One was old, and one was really really old, but they were both awesome. Of course we took them to the main square (Plaza et Jma I think), where we got amazing fresh-orange juice!!!! I got henna on my arm, and the boys got a scorpion on their leg too. In Essaouira, we also had amazing fresh orange juice which Kent squeezed for us in the cool apartment-thing that we rented right in the medina. Essaouira was windy, and because of that a bit cold, but the boys loved to play at the beach still. Oh yeah and we went camel riding before we came into Essaouira. And if anyone wants to visit us, this is THE PLACE to go camel riding. Because all those other places, the guys just have a rope and lead your camel while WALKING. I mean honestly! how boring is that? If you don't know, here's the answer. VERY! So this place, you get to ride your own camel by like HOLDING the reins and guiding the camel, so we went all around these little villages and through the argan forest and we could like GALLOP and RACE camels. Very fun, I assure you. But it was a wee bit scary because I was really good at getting mine to go faster, but I couldn't get it to stop! Anyways, basically, spring break was amazing! And we are still totally enjoying Grandma and Grandpa being here. I hope you all had an amazing spring break as well!


~Erin~

2 comments:

janhad3 said...

Enjoyed your entertaining description! I've been waiting for an update from you guys. Don't wait so long in between your blog entries! Glad you enjoyed your grandparents' visit. I haven't seen them in a long time. Hope your grandma is feeling well.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome break! I'm so jealous of all the adventures you have!