


We weren't even expecting but now we are the proud parents and siblings of a 10 day old abandoned kitty cat left on our doorstep. She visited the vet today who said that chances of survival are low but she looks healthy so far. We're even doing the midnight feedings (and 3 am). The name? It's a long story but the conclusion is:
Amber Callie Angelical Cat
Did you know only 1 out of 3,000 calico cats is male? We're betting ours is a female.
1 comment:
Hi Brady's! Let me know if you need any supplies for kittens survival. We have saved 2 and it's not easy. Here is some great advise that we found on google. Kitten formula: 1 can evap (not non-fat)milk, 2 egg yolks, 1 container plain (I used vanilla and it was fine)yogurt, 2 tablespoons mayonaise. I would also squirt I fish oil capsule in (smelly but the essential oils are important!) Put half in freezer and other have in fridge. Heat to luke warm and give to kitten through a ear syringe. One other important thing--they can't regulate their heat at that age so put her in a box with towels at night and put old juice bottles filled with hot water. She'll love it and snuggle against it to stay warm. In the middle of the night I would feed them and change the water bottles one last time. I have a kitty litter box that is small if you need it when she is ready. Also, they poop when their mother is cleaning them by licking them, so you may have to take her outside and get a few cotton balls a little wet and wipe her rear end to get her to go--this ensures that she goes because they get bloated w/o a mom to do this. If you will be traveling we will be happy to take care of her. Good luck!
Post a Comment