Sunday, December 4, 2016

All for the Snake

Nate figured out that over a 2 year period he could save $150 dollars by raising his own mice to feed his snake instead of buying frozen "pinkies" each week at the pet store.  So we are now the proud owners of two mice--we'll actually more as you will see.  
This is Lola.  She is 3 weeks pregnant.

This is Lola with all her babies on Friday, December 2.

These are 11 "pinkies" that are now in our freezer to be used over the next 11 weeks to feed Missy.

Lola actually delivered 17 babies.  Missy ate one on Friday, 11 are in the freezer which leaves 5 for Lola to raise (Nathan can return 3-4 week old mice to the pet store for store credit).  And Houdini, the proud father, just runs around his habitat without a care in the world.  I was initially concerned naming a mouse Houdini but then I remembered all the mouse traps already set in the basement so I sleep well at night.
It's all the circle of life and it's all happening right in my home.

No comments: